Our success is built on the energy and talent of our staff. As a growing company, we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. Finding the right cultural fit within a progressive learning organisation is important to us. Current positions will be listed below. If you wish to be considered for future opportunities please submit your cover letter and CV via our online form, we would love to hear from those who share our entrepreneurial spirit and love of original, authentic design.
PROJECT CONSULTANT – NEW!
Do you love the best in design? Are you a people-person? Combine the two with this dynamic role which will see you working alongside the world’s best design brands with Perth’s leading Architecture & Design firms and organisations.
designFARM have a Project Consultant role available for a suitable candidate who possesses a strong interest in design, confidence, personable nature and highly motivated. This is a sales role which requires you to be the face of our business to our key commercial interior designers and premium clients. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years sales experience within the Architecture & Design industry as well as a proven sales track record.
designFARM has been a family-owned, designer furniture institution in Western Australia since 1997. designFARM have established a solid reputation built on quality, authenticity and long lasting relationships by offering our clients a genuine experience. We believe in ethical and sustainable design, in order to do what we do best – create meaningful spaces to be proud of.
designFARM specialise in the supply of exclusive commercial and residential furniture, lighting and accessories. Housing the best in modern design from global brands including Steelcase, Gubi, Fredericia, and Offecct we also represent a range of home-grown local talent including brands; Tait, Coco Flip, Dowel Jones and Nomi. We take a great deal of pride in supporting local design as well as our designers.
Centrally located in the Perth CBD, our three-level showroom resides in the historical Police car service centre and was built in 1928. Here you will find a hand-picked selection of our exclusive ranges, from commercial to residential and everything in-between. Our showroom is constantly changing and evolving with new products and ranges, keeping you up to date with the latest designs and of course our much-loved classics.
The designFARM team live and breathe great design and have fun doing so. Our project consultants are highly experienced with large scale commercial projects, residential projects, retail and interior design – so that we can offer our clients a premium service with exceptional product knowledge, efficiency and attention to detail. Our operations team work tirelessly to ensure our projects run smoothly. From shipping and installation through to storage, our team are meticulous when it comes to the handling of your project from installation through to day 2 care.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop and grow our business with commercial interior designers and leading organisations. This includes workplace, retail, education, urban and aged care sectors.
- Reach and exceed a defined set of KPI’s and budget.
- Build and maintain a healthy client database for assistive marketing and relationship building purposes.
- Build and maintain client relationships with commercial interior designers through the delivery of engaging presentations, regular contact and relationship building activities.
- Find new ways of commercial growth through direct business, builders, project managers, and other sectors.
- Any additional duties as you may be required to perform within your skills and experience.
- Attend trainings, industry events, conferences and seminars to maintain industry and design knowledge.
- Liaising with our operations team with project management and day 2 service.
- Deliver after sales service to encourage repeat business.
- Experience with “Options” or similar software
- Highly organised and able to prioritise in busy situations
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Confidence, a personable nature, positive and motivated
- Impeccable presentation, manners and etiquette.
- Previous Sales experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the A&D industry
- A strong interest in Design.
- A proven sales track record.
- Someone that can hit the ground running,
- Ability to make instant and long lasting connections with interior designers and clients
- The ability to work effectively within a small team and autonomously.
If this role sounds like you, please apply above.